Articles on this Page
- 10/06/18--06:02: _Nida A-I-R in Octob...
- 10/16/18--00:26: _Open Studios in Oct...
- 10/16/18--07:11: _Curator talk by Xia...
- 10/18/18--21:41: _Amira Hanafi's exhi...
- 10/23/18--01:34: _Hanna Schaich's ins...
- 10/26/18--01:45: _Photo reportage fro...
- 10/28/18--05:55: _Exhibition 'Sojourn...
- 11/04/18--22:50: _Highlights of the e...
- 11/06/18--04:52: _Photos of the Open ...
- 11/06/18--23:31: _Photo reportage of ...
- 11/11/18--23:56: _Nida A-I-R in November
- 11/12/18--08:08: _Open Call for UX de...
- 11/15/18--05:50: _For its 57th birthd...
- 11/18/18--21:36: _Photo reportage of ...
- 11/19/18--03:07: _Open Studios in Nov...
- 11/26/18--10:19: _Exhibition 'Day Tri...
- 12/02/18--23:41: _Highlights of the O...
- 12/03/18--08:22: _Open call deadline ...
- 12/04/18--23:17: _Nida A-I-R in Decem...
- 12/13/18--04:54: _A flashback to Egyp...
- 10/06/18--06:02: Nida A-I-R in October 2018
- 10/16/18--00:26: Open Studios in October 2018
- 10/16/18--07:11: Curator talk by Xia Yanguo in Vilnius
- 10/18/18--21:41: Amira Hanafi's exhibition in Vilnius ‘The Science of a Good Lie’
- 10/23/18--01:34: Hanna Schaich's installation THE PATH AHEAD at Kiosk
- 11/06/18--04:52: Photos of the Open Studios in October
- 11/11/18--23:56: Nida A-I-R in November
- 11/12/18--08:08: Open Call for UX design workshop in Nida
- 11/19/18--03:07: Open Studios in November 2018
- 11/26/18--10:19: Exhibition 'Day Tripper' at Kiosk
- 12/02/18--23:41: Highlights of the Open Studios in November
- 12/03/18--08:22: Open call deadline for General & Artistic Director of NAC is here
- 12/04/18--23:17: Nida A-I-R in December 2018
Meet our new residents, ready to explore and work in beautiful surroundings of Nida: Claudia Rohrauer (AT), Teena Lange (DE), Marcel Tarelkin (DE), Amira Hanafi (USA/EG), and Hanna Schaich (AT).
On the 30th of October, Tuesday, 5 pm, Nida Art Colony residents Hanna Schaich (AT), Amira Hanafi (USA/EG), Teena Lange (DE), Claudia Rohrauer (AT), and Marcel Tarelkin (DE) will present their works and projects developed during their stay at the Open Studios event in Nida Art Colony.
Open Studios provide a unique opportunity to meet the artists, learn of their works, and find out about their experiences and discoveries in Nida every month.
More about the residents
We're happy to invite you to a talk on the 18th of October (Thursday), 11 am by a visiting curator Xia Yanguo about contemporary art in China, mega-museums and discursive project spaces in the context of surveillance capitalism at Vilnius Academy of Arts C1 building, ground floor, 102 auditorium located at the PhD department.
This September Amira Hanafi has arrived at Nida Art Colony as a participant of the 4Cs programme. After spending two months in the residency and working on fictionality in the discourse of truth, she will now present her project at the exhibition The Science of a Good Lie at the gallery Sodų 4 in Vilnius.
On the 5th of October, Hanna Schaich presented her work at the exhibition THE PATH AHEAD in the project space Kioskas. With this occasion, we began a new season of exhibitions by our residents at this specific and unique location on the main Taikos street in Nida.
|The project developed for two months by the resident of VAA Nida Art Colony Amira Hanafi (EG) on the 25th of October has been presented to the public at the exhibition The Science of a Good Lie in the project space Sodų 4. |
On the 30th of October (Tuesday), 5pm we will be inviting you to an interstellar journey within the streets of Nida – the opening of the exhibition Sojourners R01 T02by Teena Lange and Claudia Rohrauer at the project space Kiosk (11 Taikos st). Artists, who have met during their residency at NAC, combined their artistic practices and created a textual and visual narrative that will transform dunes of Nida into the lands of Mars until the 24th of November.
An exhibition MICKEY IS MY HOME by Saulius Leonavičius (Vegan on Acid) marked the completion of the two-month residency of the artist in Egypt and took place at MASS Alexandria throughout 26–31 October, 2018.
On the 30th of October artists Claudia Rohrauer (AT), Teena Lange (DE), Marcel Tarelkin (DE), Amira Hanafi (USA/EG), and Hanna Schaich (AT) presented their new projects and artworks that they were developing during their residency in Nida.
After two weeks of exploring the dangerously intertwined territories of truth and fiction, the exhibition The Science of a Good Lie by Amira Hanafi counts its last days at the project space Sodų 4 in Vilnius and will close on the 9th of November.
|Greeting new residents at Nida Art Colony! Meet Demelza Watts (GB), Cecilia Hultman (SE), Katherina Heil (DE), Marcel Tarelkin (DE), Teena Lange (DE), Norbert Tukaj (LT), and Alexandra Klawitter (DE).|
Nida Art Colony of Vilnius Academy of Arts together with Wix.com are inviting designers and other creative industries activists to take part in one week UX (user experience) design workshop in Nida from the 26th to 30th of November.
By congratulating Neringa city with its 57th birthday on the 16th of November Nida Art Colony will organize two events: at 3.30–4 pm presentation and performance Hidden architecture by Norbert Tukaj and at 12 – 2.39 pm What time is it on Mars now? An invitation to imagine by Teena Lange at the project space Kiosk (11 Taikos st, Nida).
On the 16th of November by congratulating Neringa city with its 57th birthday, the fellow of this year’s Neringa City Municipality’s scholarship Norbert Tukaj presented his project at the exhibition Hidden Architecture.
All are warmly invited to the Open Studios of the residents Demelza Watts (GB), Cecilia Hultman (SE), Katherina Heil (DE), Teena Lange (DE), Norbert Tukaj (LT), and Alexandra Klawitter (DE) this time on the 27th of November (Tuesday), 3 pm at Nida Art Colony.
Open Studio days are organized every month and provide a unique opportunity to meet the artists, learn of their works, and find out about their experiences and discoveries in Nida.
With the beginning of the Open Studios event on the 27th of November (Tuesday), 3pm the temporary project space Kiosk (11 Taikos st, Nida) will turn into a Wunderkammer, a Cabinet of Curiosities for the exhibition Day Tripper.
On the 27th of November residents Demelza Watts (GB), Katherina Heil (DE), Cecilia Hultman (SE), Norbert Tukaj (LT), Alexandra Klawitter (DE), and Teena Lange (DE) had introduced their works and projects at one of the longest Open Studios event ever.
It was an exciting period of time as we followed each application to the position of General and Artistic Director of Nida Art Colony with vigor and curiosity. We want to thank all 29applicants, of whom 8 were from Lithuania. The 5 shortlisted candidates will be personally informed on the 18th ofDecember and invited for an interview in January.
New season – new residents! Meet Marlaina Read (AU), Tara Langford (GB), Natalija Vujosevic (YU/ME), and a few we already know - Demelza Watts (GB), Katherina Heil (DE), and Cecilia Hultman (SE).
After returning from a two-month-long residency in MASS Alexandria this Autumn, Laima Kreivytė and Saulius Leonavičius are going to share their impressions of Egypt on the 15th of December, 4pm at the project space Sodų 4 in Vilnius, Lithuania. During a short, but homely gathering, the artists will give a brief talk on the cultural and political atmosphere immersing Egypt today, adventures in Alexandria and Cairo, and subjects of interest that were revolving around their artistic practice during their stay. As a little reminder of his exhibition opening at MASS Alexandria, Saulius is going to prepare his famous vegan waffles.
The event will be held in Lithuanian.